HITACHINO NEST ESPRESSO STOUT


OHH DEAR this was not a good time! I know! I'm being grumpy on my first day on the job! But don't fire me coz I'm just helping ya out :O
And anyway, how cute is the owl dude on the bottle? Huh? He's having a fun time I reckon. But the beer....ohhh the beer! It just...I don't even....it tasted like SOY SAUCE basically.
Um.
I'm not sure what I was expecting from a coffee-flavoured beer. HA. 
I don't know!! 
It's thick! And bitter! And black! And it's got a beige head that looks kinda appropriately like the crema on an espresso. Can you see it? Looks just like a coffee, right? 
So I think this is typical of stout beer, but but but there was just something ick about the Hitachino, like a burnt aftertaste?
Like burnt toast? Ack!
I went to Von Haus just to swig this and then I drank the whole thing, ha!. Partly coz I wanted to take my lil owl pal home with me and partly coz I forked out 12 bucks for him!
For 330ml of beer! 
WHOOPS.
I gotta be fair, it has a cool alcohol content of 7.5% AND I chatted to a few folks who lurved it.. NOOO BUT I think I'll be keeping my two favourite beverages separate from now on THANKYOU VERY MUCH!
Ha! Ciao x

7.5% alc
$12 at Von Haus

No comments:

Post a Comment